Thursday, October 21, 2010

30's Spin Class

This past Saturday, I went to a 30's Spin class organized by the London Friendship Quilt Guild. The quilter who taught the class is from England and comes to visit her friends in Canada every year. Last year, she did a disappearing 9 patch class which I also attended.

This is a strip quilt and goes together quite quickly. I learned the hard way that I need to make sure I sew each unit exactly the same or it does not work out very well!

My first two blocks are the bottom two. Christine and I shared a table and she is using 30's prints for her quilt.

By the end of the day, I had made 22 blocks. I hope to use 42 blocks in this quilt to make it a lap sized quilt. It will be a Christmas gift so I have to get cracking and get it done!


Here are a few more of my blocks part way through the afternoon. This quilt will be called Country Spin.

I had fun at this workshop and pleased with my progress so far. It is always fun to see what fabrics others are using and how the personality of the project changes based on what fabrics are used.

Today's goal is to make my neice's birthday pj's. Their birthday is on Sunday so the deadline is looming!

3 comments:

  1. Love how the blocks turned out. That's going to be a great quilt

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this done different ways, but I sure like your plaids! This is one on my "10,000 quilts to do" list. I know you know what I mean
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are gorgeous!! So many possibilities! I think it will look lovely when your done!

    ReplyDelete