Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Giant Pincushion Gift

Last Monday evening, the Elgin Piecemakers guild got together at a local restaurant for our after Christmas dinner and gift exchange. Dinner was delicious and it was fun to catch up with everyone. My gift for Heather was a giant pincushion, pins, needles and a few fat quarters in her favourite colour--Pink!

I got this pattern from the Moda Bake shop. I think I would like to try making one of these with selvages, as suggested by the Quilt Rat!
Jacqui gave me a Quilter's 3 way sandboard for laying out quilt blocks and making labels. It was all wrapped up in some quilt shop themed fabric!  Thanks, Jacqui for a very handy gift!  Our guild is making quilt blocks for charity quilts so I will be using it very shortly!

There is another QNIC planned for this week to work on more Indian Orange Peel arcs so stay tuned for another blog post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment