Monday, January 24, 2011

Comfort Quilt and Swap Blocks

I promised you that I would show you the blocks I made on the weekend for the Elgin Piecemakers Guild comfort quilts for chemo patients at our local hospital. In December, we were each to make a blue and white 12 1/2 inch block and I did not get mine done.  (I wasn't the only one!) For our January meeting, the colours were red, black and white. I sat down at my sewing machine on Friday night and made my two blocks:

(They are both 12 1/2 inch square blocks--they just look a bit distorted in the pictures!)

I signed up for a Heart block swap with the quilted table yahoo group a while back. I made two of the blocks tonight. I have to make two more and put them into the mail this week for the swap.  Here are my first two blocks. The hearts are paper-pieced.



I will make the other two heart blocks tomorrow night. I did a little shopping at a quilt store on the weekend and purchased a couple more warm fat quarters for my Indian Orange Peel quilt. I am finding it a bit more challenging to find the warm colours in batiks--especially reds! I will keep looking.

I have a date with the treadmill now...

No comments:

Post a Comment