Tuesday, May 3, 2011

QNIC with Chris

Chris came over tonight to do some sewing. Our Elgin Piecemakers Guild continues to make a charity quilt each month for chemo patients at our local hospital. We met last week and everyone handed in their asterisk blocks. This month, we are each going to make a churn dash block (12 1/2") in beige, brown and green. I made my block tonight as you can see above. I also machine sewed the binding onto a baby quilt that I am making for my MIL to give as a gift to someone she knows who had a baby girl recently. I will show a picture of the quilt once I have all the binding on. I got about 1/2 way around the quilt tonight, hand-sewing the binding down.   Chris worked on a black, white and pink bag for a cancer fundraiser. She should be able to finish it off tomorrow. I started to organize and cut fabric for a new project using my new layer cake. I will show pictures of it later as well. I didn't get very far on that tonight!

This past weekend, my daughter was home from university for a few days. Exams are done and she had a few days off before she started her summer job. Since she did not make it home for Easter, we had an Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. Some of the eggs were hidden outside!

On Sunday morning, she made me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. She won't be home this weekend for Mother's day so it was nice to celebrate a week early. She made me a delicious cornmeal and cheese  scone--one of my favourites!  She even made it in the shape of a heart!


I feel well loved!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, your cornmeal scone looks delicious! Lucky Mom!!

    ReplyDelete