I worked on my homework today. It was too hot outside to be out there which means it was excellent sewing weather!
I squared up my HST's for step 2 of RRCB and pressed them. (I still have to cut off those dog ears!)
I also sewed the neutral and green strips together for step 4, as you can see above. Tonight, while watching So You Think You Can Dance, recorded on my PVR earlier this week, I cut the 2" twosies out of the green and neutrals:
I took this picture of a lounging squirrel in my backyard this week.
Today, we discovered that carpenter bees have been making their presence known in our backyard. We found 6 holes in various wooden structures in the backyard! A friend suggested we spray WD40 oil into the holes--this did the trick and we killed them. They are huge--about an inch long, and bore a very clean hole into the wood. They can destroy a wooden structure over time. We will be on the lookout for little piles of sawdust now--that's how I found the first hole this morning. Here is a picture of one that I found on the internet. Nasty!!!