Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Few Odds and Ends (and a quilt show!)

Just because I have not posted much lately does not mean I have not been sewing. Today was the Shedden Quilt show and I put 5 quilts into the show. I have spent much of my sewing time in the last couple of weeks putting sleeves onto the quilts that were in the show. Hanging sleeves do not make for very interesting pictures or blogposts! Here are the 5 quilts that I had in the show:

This one is my version of Bonnie Hunter's "Blue Ridge Beauty"--I called my quilt "Feeling Blue".

"This Makes Me Dizzy"--my hexagon quilt.

My recently finished "Fractured Squares".

I gave this quilt to my in-laws--"Country Spin".


Me and my "Creamsicles by the Sea" quilt.

This was one of my favourite quilts in the show--it was made from 30's prints and was hand quilted. The colours are fresh and bright on the white background!

This one was made by a fellow member of the Elgin Piecemakers as a memory quilt. The blue fabrics are recycled jeans.

Christine and I got together on Wednesday last week and while I worked on my sleeves and my mystery quilt, Christine made this table topper flimsy from leftovers from a quilt she made for her son--a very nice use of her extra bits!


I picked up a small quilt from the long arm quilters this week and hope to get the binding on it tonight. Pictures to follow.

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful quilts! You sure have been busy, and there is alot to show for it!
    Nice to see your picture, too ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are lovely! I think your Creamsicles by the Sea is one of my favorites from Bonnie's mystery that year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to have missed that show. My brother was sick and I just couldn't make it. Did you take a photo of the IOP?!?

    ReplyDelete