Friday, July 20, 2012

Chasing Butterflies in the Backyard

I put the hamburgers on the BBQ tonight and ran inside to get this quilt so I could take a picture of it in the sunshine...this is the one I was working on earlier in the week--hand sewing the binding. This quilt will be donated to Quilts of Valour-Canada for a wounded soldier. I did not make the quilt, I just did the binding.

Here is another view, with my shadow in the corner of the picture. :)

I also worked on putting my flying geese in to small flocks...

While I was out taking pictures of the quilt, I saw a butterfly in the garden.







And another one...

And this blue one with orange spots...

I am not sure what type of butterflies these are, so if anyone knows, let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Nice finish, Gail. Your yard is so pretty in the pictures, the difference of the rain I'm hearing you Canadians speaking of, and the lack of it down here, but not to downplay the labor that goes into a nice lawn!
    Pretty butterflies, too, did you look on the internet? I'm always surprised what I can find out there ~
    :-}|pokey

    ReplyDelete