Friday, July 27, 2012

Fabric Feeding Frenzy or Enhancing Our Fat Quarters...

Tonight, I hosted a FABRIC PARTY!  I had spoken to Pam from Mad About Patchwork a month or two ago and found out she was going to be nearby visiting her Mom and that she was going to have her fabric with her...   On a whim, I asked if she would be interested in doing a fabric party at my house for me and some of my quilty friends. She said "YES"!

I invited the members of the Elgin Piecemakers and some other friends and most said they would love to come!  A few could not come because they were on vacation.

My husband helped to bring all the fabric into the house. We set it up in the dining room and we were all ready when everyone got here.


The party started just as a huge rainstorm started. I had to provide towels at the door for people to dry off! It poured!!! We really needed the rain, but it would have been nice if it had waited another 15 minutes before starting!

We started with some show and tell and introductions. Here are some quilts that were displayed on my "design floor" this evening...

Jacqui's purple quilt--a wedding gift.

Roxene made this for a wedding gift--lucky bride and groom!

Amalia's "Quartered Squares"--taught by Pam last October.

Shirley's "Fire Escape"

Heather made this quilt for a baby boy.


This one is called "Frank". Joanne made this Frank Lloyd Wright quilt for her brother's king sized bed.

Pat P's paper piecing project

Pam taught this class at London Friendship Quilters' Guild last October.
"Through the Trees"

Charlene's solids

Pam made this quilt between Christmas and New Year's this past year.

Once show and tell was over, it was time for the fabric feeding frenzy!
Look at all those Yummy Solids!

Lots of eye candy!

After shopping, we all indulged in "enhancing our Fat Quarters"... Thanks to Karen and Joanne for providing our feast!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Fresh Fruit

And Peach and Strawberry Semifreddo

Delicious!

At the end of the night, everyone left happy, with their bags a bit heavier, and their wallets a bit lighter!  Here is my stash enhancement:

I need to do some sewing...

Thanks everyone for making this such a fun evening!  Some of the proceeds of the evening will be going towards backing fabric for the Elgin Piecemakers' Charity quilts!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to own any of your ladies quilts they are gorgeous. The Frank quilt is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun - thank you for organizing the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am so bummed out to miss all that fun! What great photos...almost like being there only without the fabric purchases :(

    ReplyDelete