Sunday, July 15, 2012

Handsewing Sunday

It was my intention to spend part of my Sunday afternoon, sitting in our gazebo in the backyard, doing some hand sewing so that I could link up with Kathy's blogpost for quilters who do some hand-sewing on Sundays. All was going well--I trimmed the quilt (a charity quilt for Quilts of Valour put together by a member of the London Friendship Quilters' Guild), made the binding, machine sewed it down, gathered my thread, needle, Clover needle threader, and my reading glasses...and it started to thunder and the rain started!  Goodness knows we needed the rain!  My gardens are alive only because I have spent hours watering them!  The grass is crunchy is brown.  Anyway, I ended up sitting inside to do my hand sewing.



Later in the afternoon, it quit raining. I went outside to check the chairs in the gazebo, but they were still quite wet.



After supper, the chairs were dry enough to sit in. My husband read a book and I did some more hand stitching on the binding of the QOV quilt.


Kathy wants everyone to share the view from their stitching spot...

Some echinacea flowers in front of our shed...

Our shade garden, now well watered by the rain...

My husband's squirrel that appears randomly around our property. This was today's hiding spot.  He watched me quilt...


And here is my straight ahead view...
I will post a picture of the quilt when I have finished the binding later this week.

I trimmed the rest of the flying geese today and started to sew them together. There should be a picture or two of them "in formation" later this week.



4 comments:

  1. I loved this post Gail..thanks for linking up!
    I especially like the last photo and wish I was sitting on the other chair stitching with you!
    We sure do need the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cozy spot, good company, too, with Mr. Squirrel ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice your spot is on the gazebo! Lovely view for sewing! Mr. Squirrel looks chipper enough to keep you company for hours :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment about the sewing basket I just posted about. I like the idea of chaining it to my sewing area...that just might keep my DD1 hands off it :o)

    ReplyDelete