Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back to Visit Great Granny







This week, I pulled out my Great Granny Square blocks that I made last year. I am going to use a layout that I saw at Pokey's blog. (Sorry, but I can't find the exact link on her blog!) I have added the sashings and cornerstones so the center of the quilt is all together now. I still have to add a pieced border which I have not made yet so that will be my next project. Here is a preview of the top so far.
Here is the link to Pokey's blogpost about her GGS quilt! Thanks, Pokey!  http://pokeydotquilting.blogspot.com/2012/08/nancys-batik-and-my-grannies.html




I loved making these blocks! Besides the red centers, I did not repeat any of the fabrics from block to block in this quilt. There are 20 blocks in my quilt.

The Elgin Piecemakers Guild met last week and we decided that each member will make one 12" block in a predetermined colour scheme per month which will be used to make a quilt top. we will make at least 8 quilt tops this year. We have to bring red, black and white blocks to our February meeting.  I decided to make another Great Granny Square for my block. :-)

My stash report for the week... I did a little shopping this past week... I purchased 11.5 yards of fabric (it was on sale--I could not resist!). I have purchased 21.5 yards of fabric this year.  This past week, I used 5.75 yards. Some of the fabric I purchased will be used for backings so it will be used shortly. I have used a total of 20 yards so far this year. I have purchased 1.5 yards more than I have used this year so far.




1 comment: