Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow day, Sew day!

Last night when I went to bed, there was a skiff of snow on the ground and the big snowstorm was on its way towards us. It started snowing and blowing in the middle of the night and it kept snowing most of the day. The roads outside town were very slippery and there was poor visibility due to the blowing snow, so I stayed home from work today. 

 

I puttered around the house and made some turkey vegetable soup and gazed out the windows at all the snow.
 
 
 
My very kind neighbour brought his snowblower over and cleared out our driveway. I gave him some soup to thank him and to warm him up after being out in the cold. 
 
 
I put the pieced borders together for my Great Granny Square quilt today. Here they are hanging off the side of the ironing board. They have to be trimmed before adding them to the top.
 
 
Today, I received not one, but two bunches of tulips for my birthday!  One from a friend who was in my wedding party almost 24 years ago and one from the man I married on that day!
 
 
 
The flowers are a breath of Spring on a cold and snowy day.
 
Tomorrow, I am hosting a sew-in for 3 friends. My husband will be out for the day so there will be a takeover of the kitchen, dining room and living room for sewing!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Stay warm and cozy during the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Mine is the 7th. I wish we had some snow. Sounds like you had a delightful day inside. Have fun with your sew in day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your sew-in. You have a great idea, let them come to you! They will enjoy those flowers too ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete