Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Red and White Wallhanging Done!

When I got home from work today, I noticed that my sedum is in bloom. The sun was shining on it at just the right angle for a picture or two...



I have been working on finishing off three quilts with hand sewing the binding. You have already seen the squirrel quilt.  This post is about my red and white round robin wall hanging. 

I did not have a quilt holder available for my pictures so I just laid it out on the grass in the backyard. We have had lots of rain this year so the grass has been growing like crazy and is very green. 

I used some red fossil fern fabric for the binding.  It was in my stash ;-)

Cathy at Eagles Wings Quilts did the quilting.  There are half daisies in all of the flying geese.

and daisies and leaves in the red border.

She did some rick rack squiggles in the setting triangles in the centre section.

 
 
The backing is some fun spool fabric that was also lurking in my stash...
 
Another fun project, done and ready for the London Friendship Quilters Guild Show in October!

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the lovely red and white finish!
    Hope to be at the show to see all the wonderful friendship quilts!

    ReplyDelete