Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Pincushion is DONE and a Couple of WIP's


I finished off my paper pieced pin cushion in time for show and tell at the London Friendship Quilter's guild meeting tonight. I had to make a mad dash to Len's Mills store today between appointments to buy more plastic beads to fill it up. I had 5 minutes after supper tonight to hand stitch the last seam before I put it into my bag to take to the meeting.  It has 72 pieces in the top...and took hours to make but the results are so worth the effort!

I had to hand stitch each of the corners but the rest was sewn by machine. I will add this pincushion to my growing collection!


I am in the process of quilting a quilt for a refugee child from Syria and made some progress this week.  I am a little over half way done.


I also added the final chicken wire fabric border to my chicken coop quilt. I need to purchase some backing for this quilt and then it will be off to the long armer's house for quilting.

I hope to get the child's quilt done this weekend.  The family will be arriving from Syria soon.


4 comments: