Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tonight's Sewing Projects

Tonight was sewing with Christine night.  She worked on a pieced flannel backing for a quilt that will be a gift for her Mom. She has been working on this for 3 sewing nights and tonight she finished it!!!  Onward and upward!

I had a variety of projects to work on...

First, I added the final border to a quilt that will be donated to a Syrian Refugee family--this will be for  the adults in the family. I used stash fabrics for the entire quilt except for the border--I had to buy fabric for the border.



This quilt will be quilted by Cathy at Eagle's Wings Quilts.  Thanks, Cathy!!!

Next, I made two mug blocks to go with the one I made last week.  I plan on making a couple of blocks a week until I have 25 so I can make a little wall hanging.  They are 4" squares finished.

I made this one last week and the next two today.



The Elgin Piecemakers meet next week so I made my block for the monthly charity quilt project--the colours are navy, purple and turquoise.  I have been in a liberated basket mood since my workshop last Saturday.


Next, I made a little house block. I am using my 30's prints for this project.  This block and the mugs are made from patterns by Lori Holt.  I hope to make a whole neighbourhood of houses and make them in to a wall hanging. Again, I hope to do a block a week.  The house block can be made in a 4" or 8" size...I decided to make the 8" blocks. 



Monday night, I finished quilting a child's quilt for a Syrian Refugee family.  My friend, Jacqui, is putting the binding on this quilt.  I made the quilt top a few years ago at a workshop and found it in my sewing room recently and decided to finish it off as a donation quilt. Here, you can see my organic quilting:


Here is the entire quilt (well...almost the entire quilt!), after trimming.


I hope to work on my liberated baskets quilt next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment