I had a variety of projects to work on...
First, I added the final border to a quilt that will be donated to a Syrian Refugee family--this will be for the adults in the family. I used stash fabrics for the entire quilt except for the border--I had to buy fabric for the border.
This quilt will be quilted by Cathy at Eagle's Wings Quilts. Thanks, Cathy!!!
Next, I made two mug blocks to go with the one I made last week. I plan on making a couple of blocks a week until I have 25 so I can make a little wall hanging. They are 4" squares finished.
The Elgin Piecemakers meet next week so I made my block for the monthly charity quilt project--the colours are navy, purple and turquoise. I have been in a liberated basket mood since my workshop last Saturday.
Next, I made a little house block. I am using my 30's prints for this project. This block and the mugs are made from patterns by Lori Holt. I hope to make a whole neighbourhood of houses and make them in to a wall hanging. Again, I hope to do a block a week. The house block can be made in a 4" or 8" size...I decided to make the 8" blocks.
Monday night, I finished quilting a child's quilt for a Syrian Refugee family. My friend, Jacqui, is putting the binding on this quilt. I made the quilt top a few years ago at a workshop and found it in my sewing room recently and decided to finish it off as a donation quilt. Here, you can see my organic quilting:
Here is the entire quilt (well...almost the entire quilt!), after trimming.
I hope to work on my liberated baskets quilt next week.