Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Last Gifts of Christmas

My friend, Cathy, is heavily into English Paper Piecing...you should see what she has been working on all year!  I call it the "Monster".  She has been enhancing her stash a lot this year with fun fabrics that she can fussy cut for her project. 
 
 
For Christmas, she made me this EPP pincushion.  Isn't it cute???



 
 
I love the little heart buttons!  You can't smell it from where you are, but I can tell you that it has some lavender in it and smells heavenly!
 
 
 
Thanks Cathy!!!!  I love it!
 
 
Speaking of pincushions, here is one I made for Roxene at the Elgin Piecemakers Guild.  Each year, we pick names and exchange small gifts.  Roxene loves Churn Dashes and makes them almost every month for our charity quilt projects.  I decided she needed a church dash pincushion. 
 
 
 
This is a chunky churn dash! The fabric was in my scrap bins...
 


I found some green fabric for the back and some green buttons for the middle on the top and bottom.  I filled this pincushion with plastic beads--no lavender for this pincushion.

 
 
I also made Roxene a friendship bag with a churn dash on the front.  (I actually made two of these bags and the other one was given to Karen.)
 
 
Organic quilting with green thread:
 
 
 
 
...with green dotty fabric for the lining!
 
 
 You have seen all of the quilty gifts I made for friends and family now.  Next up...I need to finish off the two quilts for the Syrian Refugee families.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pincushion you were gifted and the Churn Dash projects you made are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete