Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Daughter's Quilt--binding!

This is the binding for my daughter's graduation quilt.  Last weekend, I sewed it to her quilt by machine.


My friend, Cathy, did the longarm quilting --the pattern is called "Mayflower".  My daughter chose it when she was home in May.

One of the fabrics in the quilt has daisies on it so this quilting pantograph is perfect!

This week, I started to do the hand stitching on the binding.  This will take a while as it is a queen sized quilt.  So far, I have two sides stitched and I have turned two corners...I will keep sewing as I watch the Olympics on TV and ride in the car.    Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. I have a fat quarter of the fabric you are using for binding but in blue - love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Olympics and hand-stitching go together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Olympics help a whole lot of hand-stitching to get down. I am sure that binding will go quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect handwork project for during the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.....Perfect day, hand sewing and Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to be binding your work of art for your daughter! Enjoy those last stitches :)
    I am on block 7 of 9 on my dd's graduation quilt... lucky for me I have a few months to finish but I am ready to be where YOU are! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be binding your work of art for your daughter! Enjoy those last stitches :)
    I am on block 7 of 9 on my dd's graduation quilt... lucky for me I have a few months to finish but I am ready to be where YOU are! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those last binding stitches are always so much fun as you can reflect on the memories you stitched into the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love stitching binding. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great binding colour, and never a better way to while a way some time as a car passenger :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hand sewing binding! You are oh so close to a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt! Such a special gift! I'm sure your daughter will treasure it for years to come! On a side note, your pin cushion on the header of your blog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The olympics are perfect for binding! The quilt is almost done!!

    ReplyDelete