Sunday, December 18, 2016

Another gift done...the Bee's Knees

Last Summer, during the Row by Row experience shop hop, I picked up a pattern for a row at Quilty Pleasures in Orleans, Ontario.  Although I did not make a row quilt, I decided that this row would make a great table runner for my MIL for Christmas.  Her father was a bee keeper so this pattern was perfect for a gift for her.  I dug through my yellow stash and picked out fabrics for the hexagons. 


The bees are fused onto the background pieced hexagons. I quilted around each hexagon by machine. 


Since bees like flowers, I decided to use this large daisy bring on the back.  The black and white stripe is perfect for the binding.


Once the binding was on, I used perle cotton thread for the trails behind the bees.



Here is the finished runner. I think my MIL will be pleased.


Only one week until Christmas and only (!!!!) two more gifts to make... Yikes.  I need to get busy!  









26 comments:

  1. So cute!! The black stitched trails are the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your table runner is so cute! I love everything about it. The little trails from the bees, the binding, the backing, the hexagons, the applique!!! Perfect for a bee keeper. They are going to love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this! A smaller version would make a wonderful mug rug too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. The bit of embroidery really lifts it into something special

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That is such a cute table runner! You did a terrific job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's so great to find the perfect gift for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the table runner, the embroidered trail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how that binding sets off that table runner. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She will be pleased indeed! This is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable and just the perfect gift! It was one of my favourite patterns on the row by row.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how gorgeous! The binding really was inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute--love it!! Good idea to just use one row and make a runner--I'm going to have go through my patterns--lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super adorable! Love the sweet bees. It is such a happy little runner. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea! Turning this row into a runner was brilliant. Love the bright yellow hexies. And those cute bees. And the embroidered trails are the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so cute! What a perfect gift to give...or get! Love the bee's and all that warm yellow honey! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cute! I recognize that daisy fabric and have something like 5 yards of it, but it hasn't found its project for me yet. I like the idea of putting it with the bees. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I like the stripe binding and those bee trails are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty - especially with the bee keeper connection.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this and you did such a great job!! What is the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this is so fun! Your runner is gorgeous. Could you please tell me the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  22. May I ask, what is the size of your hexagons. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love place mats like this

    ReplyDelete