Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Gifts for My Nieces

We have twin nieces who are heading off to university this fall.  Their parents gave them some items for their dorm rooms for Christmas including duvet covers so I made them pillows for their beds for Christmas.  I made quite a few gifts this year and found myself getting up at 6 am on Christmas Eve to make the last pillow.


The red maple leaf fabric has been in my stash for a while but most of the white prints were recent acquisitions. There are bicycles, snowmen in trucks, birds, a library, maple leaves, a beaver, a lacrosse stick and part of a hockey stick in the white fabrics.  My daughter picked the quilting stitch.  


The second pillow is a Union Jack.  The pillows will go with the international travel theme of their duvet covers. I used Christine's patterns for both of these pillows.  I was happy that both girls loved their pillows!  

Now that I am finished making Christmas gifts, I can get back to my other sewing projects.  Christine and I are already planning our next sewing day!  


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE both pillows! I made Molli Sparkles' Union Jack as a placemat for my mum which she uses daily. Is a strip of the Canada fabric "With Glowing Hearts"? LOVE it. Also love the houses one; what line is it? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun pillows. Those will be nice to cuddle with once the girls are off on their own.

    ReplyDelete