Monday, April 24, 2017

Santa has arrived!

The next block in Lorna's Holly Jolly quilt along is none other than the man in the red suit...Santa!   I cut out all the pieces on the weekend. 


Not quite as many pieces as the last block...

Tonight, my husband was out so I headed down to the sewing room after supper.  Soon, some eyes were staring up at me...


Then, a mouth...


A jolly beard...


And a nice red hat. 


Eight blocks done...only 7 more to go. 


I also made my Elgin Piecemakers comfort quilt block on the weekend.  The colours for april are navy, green and white and the block must include at least one pinwheel.  

First I made this block...


I decided to change it a bit...My block has two liberated pinwheels! 


It was a beautiful sunny day today.  I stopped to take a picture on my way.  


There are actually several barn quilts along the way...I will try to get some other photos another day.  










6 comments:

  1. Santa really did come alive! Your background fabric really makes the colors stand out bright, great choice! Thanks for sharing the barn quilt on such a pretty day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi too, love your blocks background, very nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho, ho, ho! What a handsome addition to your design wall! And your pinwheel blocks look fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks. I'm so far behind.... The liberated pinwheel blocks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jolly Little Christmas Blocks are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa looks wonderful! I can't wait to get back to sewing these blocks.

    ReplyDelete