After sewing the star together, I added a border...
I used only fabrics from my stash for this quilt. I had enough white for the background and enough of this print for the backing.
I quilted diagonally through the star and then in "V"s in the triangles on the sides. The middle of the star has a funky cross hatch design.
I looked in my solids to find some fabric for the binding. Again, I did not want to do any shopping for this quilt so the binding is turquoise...I did not have enough of the right colour of green or red.
I hand stitched the binding today, so technically, the quilt was completed in a little over 24 hours. My favourite quilt holder did the honours for a picture on the front porch.
I just need to add a label and it will be ready for gifting!
I hand sewed the binding on another quilt this week as well...this is a comfort quilt for the London Friendship Quilter's Guild. Other members of the committee put the top together and did the quilting. I had a long ride in the car earlier this week so the hand stitching got done as we rode along.