Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, had a very shiny nose!
Tonight, I sewed the 13th of 15 Christmas blocks for the Sew Fresh Quilts Holly Jolly Christmas quilt. I decided to make my reindeer block into a Rudolph block by changing the nose from black to red. The eyes are quite small--only 1/2" by 1/2". Here is my completed block...
I cut the pieces out on Saturday at the Guild Sewing day. There was a tiny bit of unsewing with this block... I think Rudolph looks very festive!
Here are all of my blocks: (The partridge block will be going on the back of the quilt...I'm not fond of the brown--not enough contrast and it looks dull with all of the other colourful fabrics I have used for my blocks.)
I had a visitor in the bush outside my window yesterday. This female robin was eating the berries off of my Oregon grape holly bush. As you can see, there are not many berries left on this bush.
My red echinacea plant is in full bloom at the moment. It is beside my front porch so I see it every day as I go in and out of the house.