Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sewing Night

For the last three sewing nights with Christine, I have been working on a Canada 150 block.  It is a paper pieced pattern that I found online. Here is the link.  I found this block a bit challenging...there was some unsewing involved!  I decided to use prints instead of solids for my block.  In the end, it all worked out and the block lies flat.  I will probably not be making another one!

I decided to make a pillow with my block so I added borders to make it the right size for my pillow form.  I will quilt it and put the pillow together on Saturday at our guild sew-in day. I still have to figure out what to use for the back of the pillow.  I don't have enough of the grey.

After finishing the Canada 150 block, I made another block for my liberated sampler quilt.  This one is called Hashtag.  I am using a little bit of my focus fabrics in each block. I have seven blocks done now.  There are 64- 6" blocks in this quilt.

I will try to post a picture of all my blocks next time. 


  1. I have a friend who sewed that block and it involved a lot of seam ripper use! I would classify it as a very challenging pattern! Looks great finished!

  2. Both blocks are beautiful. In the spirit of Canada, I respectfully siggest red for the pillow back!

  3. I love your block. I had looked at piecing this one but knew my skills were not up to it. I love your liberated block as well.

  4. Excellent paper piecing! It turned out fantastic even though the may have been some unsewing! Your sampler is going to be awesome too!

  5. I love the leaf block, looks great!