Saturday, February 17, 2018

Stitching While Watching Olympic Curling


My husband, my daughter and I are big curling fans and have been watching the Canadian Olympic Curling teams play with great interest.  Tonight, I stitched on my snowman picture while watching a close game between the Canadian and Swiss men's teams.  Unfortunately, Canada lost this game, but I did get quite a bit of stitching done.  I only have that small area of white to do to complete the snow in my picture.  There is another curling game or two to watch tomorrow so I may be able to finish it then.


When you compare the first picture to this picture from last week, you can see that I also added a bird to the picture this week.  I will be moving on to outlining once the snow is done.  This picture may get done by the end of February, with any luck.

We had some freezing rain earlier this week so I grabbed a picture of the ice on this pine tree needle.


I will be linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's blog in the morning.   My friend, Karen, is coming over to do some sewing in the afternoon tomorrow.  I have started a new project using some shirts--you can see a picture of my first block in my previous post.  I will be making more parts for this quilt tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. What a great project to work on while watching the Olympics - it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like curling too! What a great time to stitch. What a great photo of the ice on the pine needle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the x stitch! I'm with you on the curling it's great to watch. I think the Brits lost to the Canadians in the round robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree, it's nice to watch the Olympics while stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky to have a stitching buddy like Karen. Your picture is really coming along nicely. I'm loving the Olympics too and it's nice our athletes are having success and staying safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am enjoying Olympic crafting. I am getting closer to finishing my knitted cowl. My husband and I enjoy curling and almost any other Olympic competition. You are so close to finishing those adorable snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cross stitched snowman and I tuned into watch curling too this week while stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cross stitch snowmen. I haven't had a chance to catch any of the Olympics yet but will have space to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cross stitch, I love snowmen and this is very cute. I use to do a lot of cross stitch then quilting took over, it's a great portable project though.

    ReplyDelete