Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Camp Kintail Retreat--Part 2


If you read my previous blogpost, you will know that Christine and I spent the weekend at Camp Kintail at a crafter's retreat.  I worked on 4 projects..placemats for Meals on Wheels, a table topper (both of which were in the previous post) and a wall hanging.   In August 2017, I took a workshop with Jacquie Gering in St. Mary's Ontario about making house blocks.   You can see my post about this workshop here.   My houses have been hanging around on my design wall for over a year and this retreat was the perfect time to get them made in to a quilt top.


I brought along a flannel design wall and laid it out on the floor.  I added a painter's tape grid to help plan my quilt layout and then put a building in each space on the grid.  


The background is Moda Grunge in Ocean blue.  I added pieces of the background in each "block" on the grid and then sewed the blocks together.  It is a bit like putting a puzzle together and is one of my favourite ways to build a quilt!


Only one more piece of background to add!


I added borders to each side (not all the same size) to make the house blocks float on the background. I think I would like to live in this neighbourhood!


The trees outside were beautiful, even in the rain.


I liked the festive decorations on the tables in the dining hall at the camp.


As you can see, there were lots of people crafting at the camp on the weekend!  I am on the far right of the picture holding up my table topper.

I bet you are wondering about my 4th project...

We are into the season of secret sewing so I can't show it to you right now.  It will be revealed in due time. Suffice it to say that progress was made at the retreat...




3 comments:

  1. love those little houses - this looks like a great place to have a crafting retreat at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there were lots of you at the retreat! I love your bright houses and the way you have set them floating in that gorgeous blue fabric. I'm very tempted to give them a go.....something else to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y’all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete