Saturday, October 20, 2018

Quilt Show Report

I spent most of the day yesterday at the London Friendship Quilter's Guild show.  I had four of my quilts on display including "Elephants on Parade", shown below.  There were three elephant quilts on display, all started at a workshop with the designer, Lorna McMahon.   


My "Fancy Forest Friends" was on display beside the elephants.


There were 8 animal quilts on display together.  It was fun to see all of them--each one was unique with the different fabric choices.


"Flannel Vortex" showed off my flannel scraps, leftover from PJ's I have made for my daughter and nieces over the years. 


My Christmas sampler quilt was one of several seasonal quilts.  I managed to get all of the hanging sleeves attached on time for the quilts to be delivered to the show, despite some assistance from Finn, our grand-dog.  This was all the slow stitching that got accomplished this week.  Next week, I will be back to my hand quilting and cross stitching. 


Christine and I got together to sew one night this week and I put this mini quilt together.  I had the coloured squares sashed already and finished off all of the sewing.  The coloured squares were a little package of 2.5" charms that I received at the modern quilt guild retreat a couple of years ago.   I will be quilting this little quilt next week. 


Finn supervised our activities in the sewing room from this spot....


I will be linking up with the other slow stitchers on Sunday morning.

11 comments:

  1. cute elephant quilt I remember seeing that come out on Lorna's site

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I were at the show yesterday as well we really enjoyed it and thought it was the best we had been to for awhile. We loved seeing all Lorna’s designs finished up. We’re fans!!!! I loved your Christmas quilt. Mine is still in flimsy stage. My friend said “ you should get yours out and quilt it”. Yes, sigh I should maybe after I finish the second Ugly Christmas Sweater bag (donation prize for Sunday School teachers party next month) And I should quilt the top I made for my son for Christmas......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you to see your lovely quilts hanging up at the show. They certainly look great, im a fan of Lorna too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are so bright and beautiful. And I liked your word grand-dog. We have a grand-dog too, it's a lagotto, and I think yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts look wonderful! What a cute grand dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. I especially love what you did with the 2.5" squares you got from your guild. Great way to tie them all together with the black and white. What a sweet granddog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are gorgeous. Lovely to see them hanging at a show! I like your mini quilt too, the colours are so pretty and work well together. It looks like Finn is on strips of toilet paper or is it fabric? My dog used to steal loo paper when she was a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO sorry I missed the show... spent most of yesterday at the urgent care clinic with my Mom. Your quilts look awesome... especially love your Christmas sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the photo tour. I loved seeing those pretty quilts. Finn is adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilts are all lovely. They are filled with whimsy and gorgeous colour. Isn't your grand dog the sweetest pooch.

    ReplyDelete