Saturday, July 20, 2019

Framed!

A few weeks ago, I took 4 of my completed counted cross stitch pictures in to be framed.  This week, I had a call that three were done.  The frame for the last one is still on order as I did not make the final selection until later for that one.  The first picture is a Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass window called "Tree of Life".  The original window is in the Darwin Martin House, in Buffalo, NY.  My husband and I did a tour of that house in 2013 and I bought the kit to make this picture in their gift shop.  This will hang in our living room. 


The Fountain Art Glass window was a pattern I bought online.  The original window is in the Susan Lawrence Dana House in Springfield, IL.  I have seen this house from the outside but it was not open for tours the day we were in Springfield...we will need to take a trip there someday to take the tour.  I will be hanging this one in the living room as well.


I bought the kit to make this snow people picture many years ago and started it but then it got put away...waiting to be found again when I was cleaning up one day.  I finished it, finally, and it is framed and ready to hang on the wall next winter.  The snowflakes in the sky are little white seed beads.


 I made a little progress on my current Frank Lloyd Wright cross stitch project in the car last weekend.  There will be more stitches added this weekend sometime.



Miami is coming along too.  My daughter collects Starbucks mugs from various places she has visited and this morning, she was drinking her coffee from her Miami mug.  It makes a great prop in the picture of her Miami cityscape cross stitch!



Finn likes to keep an eye on her at all times!


 I also did some appliqué on my Coming Home BOM this week.  There sure are a lot of points on those suns!


My daughter thought the picture below made the sun look sad... LOL!


The second sun is still in progress.


I have also been working on some secret projects this week.  I will be able to show them after they are gifted. There has been lots of activity in the sewing room this week.


It is stinking hot here this week and so last night I made a cold supper, which included this beet and goat cheese salad.  Yum!

I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers tomorrow morning. 

8 comments:

  1. I love all your needlework art! and framed they look so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made great sewing progress. It's great that you can cross stitch while riding in a car. Both yours and daughters stitches are neat and tidy. Very nice! Cold suppers are a great idea in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your FLW windows look great framed. I was just scrolling online thinking I might want to make one for my own living room. I am so glad that you finished and framed those adorable snow people. Your daughter's Miami skyline is beautiful. I do not envy you stitching all of those points on those suns. It is hot here too. We've been doing fairly light suppers also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Frank Lloyd Wright needleworks are spectacular! His homes are worth timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made great progress on the Frank Lloyd Wright's. They look wonderful in their frames. I am basking in the comparative coolness we have right now. The heat was overwhelming yesterday and our daughter who is visiting decided to do a lot of cooking for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your framed FLW pictures look really great and the latest one will make a wonderful addition to the set. Your little snow men are really cute and the sparkle from the seed beads are lovely. Your daughters city scape is looking good and I just love that dawg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so lovely framed! What a great addition to your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful needlework - and framed! that's the tough part for me.
    that salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete