Saturday, July 27, 2019

Pop-Up Picnic

Earlier this week, I finished off the appliqué for the second sun corner block for my Coming Home BOM.  The points got easier as I went along! This morning, I prepped the clouds as well as doors and windows for the houses. 


This afternoon, the London Modern Guild hosted a Pop-Up Picnic at the Marsh Store in Coldstream.  A dozen of up brought our lawn chairs, our snacks, and our hand work projects for an afternoon of relaxing in the shade of a large tree as we stitched and knitted the afternoon away. Of course, there was an opportunity for some stash enhancement at the store as well...


I brought along two rows of houses but only managed to stitch on one of them...the other three are all prepped and ready to stitch when I have the time this week.  First, I did the doors and windows on two of the houses.


I started working on the cloud in this border as well but had to pack up to go home before I finished it.


There are still kites, birds and stars to add to the borders as well.  I'm still a month and a half behind where I should be but it is not a race so I will get it done when I get it done.


There were lots of people at the store this afternoon for the July Shop Hop.  Several came over to see what everyone was making.

There was sock knitting...


counted cross stitch...



Binding...


Embroidery...


Appliqué...




And English Paper Piecing.


It was a fun afternoon and I hope we can do this again!

I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.


10 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! So many pretty stitches. Your houses are so fun to watch grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to have a shop that has an area outside to gather! that looks really enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, what a bevy of beautiful projects--a very talented group of ladies... ;))))
    thanks for sharing, hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun, love seeing your houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project you are working on that sun is amazing and the pop up picnic gathering looks like a great time and some wonderful projects there too. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Gail... this looks like heaven to me!
    How wonderful to be stitching outside in the shade with quilting friends...
    so jealous!
    Fun to see the Coming Home progress... looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such a nice place to sit, stitch and shop and catch up with like minded people too! Love your houses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of pretty projects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great projects. What a fun way to sit and stitch and socialize!

    ReplyDelete
  10. outdoor stitching is the best!

    ReplyDelete