Saturday, December 7, 2019

A New Slow Stitching Project

Since I finished Frank last week, I needed a new slow stitching project.  I purchased this kit at QuiltCon last February and it has been waiting in the wings ever since then.  The pattern was already printed on the fabric and all of the threads, a needle, and a wooden hoop were included in the kit. 



There are lots of new to me stitches in this project but I started with some easy backstitch.  I did a running stitching the in curly bit where my thread is now and will do a running stitch back to the main stem, before stitching up to the next curly part. 


I asked my daughter if she had worked on her stitching lately, but alas, she has not, so no pictures of her current picture.  She sent a picture of Finn instead.  This was taken during morning snuggles during coffee time.


Edited:  She did have some stitching time this afternoon and just sent a photo for the blog. Any ideas on what city this might be?



At our last Elgin Piecemakers meeting, we were each given a piece of selvage for colour inspiration and a pattern to make our January block for a comfort quilt.  


The block is called "Art Square".   We are making two blocks for January--I have a colour scheme for the second block but it is not started yet.


There is still lots of secret sewing going on in the sewing room these days.  Most gifts are made now...just a couple more small things to make.   I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday stitchers in the morning.  This is a busy time of year for everyone but most of us manage to do a little slow stitching each week for the link up.  It keeps us sane!

10 comments:

  1. that looks like a cute stitching pattern - I do enjoy it for a change of pace sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun new stitchery you've started. Looks like a great project for during this busy season. Can't get enough of Finn. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new embroidery project looks like fun and a great way to relax too. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore secret stitching! But it doesn't make for much blog post content, huh?! LOL! Your new stitchery is darling--I love all the swirls! Maybe San Francisco??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That embroidery kit looks lovely, just the sort of picture I like to stitch. I met my brothers cockerpoo for the first time yesterday and he is adorable. Slightly darker coat than Finn and my dog got on fine with his! Nice block no I really like the colour combo. You have some beautiful fabrics in your stash! No idea what the next city is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always fun to start a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing your new stitchery... I also love that square in a square kind of block you made... your daughter's cross stitch looks cute too! Have a great week... Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project to start! I LOVE starting new things!
    I also love your idea of handing out a selvage edge for people to pick fabrics from their stash to make blocks for your charity quilts... brilliant way to coordinate all the fabrics in a scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love preprinted stitching patterns! Finn’s personality shows through even when its cuddle time. No idea of daughter’s cross-stitch city.

    ReplyDelete