Monday, September 26, 2016

Broken Dishes Swap

After reading about Kathy participating in a Bow tie block swap last year, I decided to jump in and join this year's swap at Fun with Barb.  Barb actually is running two swaps--both with 4" finished broken dishes blocks.  I joined up for the modern swap using solids (red and another colour of my choosing) and Christine signed up for the Civil War swap.  Barb was hoping that 40 people would sign up for each swap but only 30 signed up for the Modern swap. (I think 40 signed up for the civil war swap.)  The instructions soon arrived by e-mail.  I needed to make 60 blocks--30 in each of two colours with the constant red.  (Christine needs to make 80 blocks--in a way, I am happy I only needed to make 60!)

For my first set of 30 blocks, I decided to pair orange with the red.  I used my Go cutter to cut out all of the triangles...

A lot of sewing ensued followed by pressing and then more sewing.

I had some tension issues with my sewing machine so I switched to my older machine and took the newer one in for a check up at the sewing machine doctor...

I thought I had done enough sewing but, after counting, discovered I only had 28 1/2 blocks! Just 2 1/2 blocks to go.

More sewing, more pressing, more sewing again... This morning I finished off the blue and red blocks.  I am all done!

Christine and I will be mailing our blocks together so I will put mine in a bag, ready to go, and wait for her to get her civil war blocks made.

Yesterday, my husband and I went to the apple farm to get some pumpkins and apples. I just love the colours of  this season! 

1 comment: