Sunday, September 4, 2016

Modern Wedge Binding


Today is the Slow Sunday Stitching linkup over at Kathy's blog.  There, she encourages us each week to slow down and do some hand stitching.  I have not had a specific long term hand stitching project this summer but I am happy to be able to participate this week. I will be finishing off the hand stitching on the binding of my Modern Wedge quilt.



My husband and I went for a 15km bike ride last night and then sat in the gazebo for an hour until it got too dark to sew and read. The gazebo is a wonderful place to stitch--we have a bubbling rock nearby which makes a wonderful sound, the birds sing in the trees, and the chipmunks and squirrels scurry around the yard for our entertainment. 




I decided to match the binding to the background and the wedges...it took a little longer than usual to make and attach the binding by machine yesterday.  Today, I will finish off the hand stitching and take some pictures of the finished quilt for a future blog post. Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a binding...can't wait to see it in the end. Yours is the second blog I've read today that is inspiring me to take my stitching outside today, which I rarely do....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that gazebo stitching time sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt with that amazing binding. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so much fun when we get to the binding stage and know that the project is almost done. I'm loving the quilting on this quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in binding mode too - lots of table toppers to finish off. Enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love scrappy bindings have never tried to match the quilt. Must be a real challenge????? Have fun as you put in those final stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh tricky binding! It will look amazing I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be a lovely touch, with the design carried out into the binding! I hope it's gone well today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you have done with the binding - that must have been tricky but should look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete