Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Little Quilt Done


I had an evening with Christine last night in my sewing room.  I spent my time quilting my little quilt that I showed in my last blogpost. I used green Aurifil thread about the colour of the green square at the right side of the picture above to do straight line quilting with my walking foot.  The bobbin thread was white to match the backing.


I found the white with black polka dots in my stash.  I started the hand stitching on the binding last night and finished it tonight.  I tried out a few bright colours for the binding but decided that the black looked the best, although I do hate sewing with black thread on black fabric!


The finished quilt measures 45 X 52 cm.  I just used the new measurement app on my cell phone to measure my quilt...how cool is that?


All ready for show at tell at the next Elgin Piecemaker's Guild meeting later this week!  I will add a label later tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I love this quilt, the sashing and border fabric choices were fabulous 👌💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish! What is the measuring app?...I've never heard of such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black with the bright colors - really pops

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful quilt. I love the rainbow of squares on the monochrome background.

    ReplyDelete