Friday, October 26, 2018

The News from Here


I have been stitching away on the silver outlining on my Frank Lloyd Wright Fountain Glass project this week.  I sometimes have a bit of time in the morning before I go to work and take 15 or 20 minutes to add a few more stitches.  Every little bit gets me closer to finishing. I like how the outlining makes it look more like a stained glass window, which was the inspiration for the pattern. 


There is a lot of outlining in the top half of this picture.  The bottom half is not quite so intense. 


Last night was the monthly meeting of the Elgin Piecemakers and we all handed in our yellow, grey and white blocks for this month's comfort quilt for a cancer patient at the hospital. 16 of these blocks will be made into a quilt and the extra blocks will be put aside for a scrappy comfort quilt.  We usually have a block or two leftover each month.  I made the plus sign block. 


Last month's blue and green blocks got made into a quilt top with orange sashing!  My block is in the second row, far right.

Today, Christine and I are off to a Crafter's Retreat at Camp Kintail north of Goderich. I have several projects packed in zip loc bags, ready to go.  I always seem to pack more than what I can possibly make for a retreat but it's nice to have something to work on if I get bored with one project.  I am also bringing my FLW CCS project so I can work on it too. I am accumulating a pile of projects and sewing equipment in the front hall and will load the car up later today and be on my way.  I will do a blog post about the retreat early next week.  I am looking forward to a productive and fun weekend!

I will be linking up to Kathy's slow Sunday Stitching link up on Sunday morning. 

3 comments:

  1. Its such a nice idea to take a colour or two and everyone in the group makes a block, it makes for an interesting quilt! I hope you have a great time at your retreat and get lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many nice block your group has sewn. It's nice to have a project where we make something together. Beautiful stitching! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those yellow and grey blocks are going to make a really nice quilt! Good progress on FLW too!

    ReplyDelete