Sunday, October 14, 2018

Prepping for the Quilt Show!

Next weekend, the London Friendship Quilter's Guild will be hosting their biennial quilt show.  I will be entering four quilts in the show this year so over the next few days, I will be furiously sewing on hanging sleeves to my quilts.   I recycle my hanging sleeves from show to show so I just need to find them (I think I know where they are???) and sew them on.  I am submitting three smaller quilts and one larger quilt so I am hoping this does not take too much time.  Here is some information about our show.  If you live nearby, you are invited to come to see our show!  Oakridge Presbyterian Church is on the south side of Oxford Street between Wonderland Rd and Hyde Park Road.  As a side note,  I attended church at Oakridge when I was a student at the University of Western Ontario and met my future husband there, 34 years ago...





I have had a sewing "helper" this week. Sometimes he just lays beside me in a supervisory capacity but he can be a bit attention seeking much of the time which impedes my sewing productivity, if you know what I mean!


Despite Finn's "assistance", I managed to do a bit of hand quilting on the wool appliqué squirrel piece.  I finished the outlining and started some vertical line quilting in the background.  The plan is to make a 1" square grid in the background and then figure out some sort of quilting for the brown border and the outer border.


I use painter's tape to keep my lines straight.


If you look closely, you can see my two lines of quilting so far...

I also did some more outlining on my Fountain Glass Window counted cross stitch picture this week.


I have been using Thread Heaven on the metallic outlining thread but it is still tangling a bit, so this is a slower process than outlining with embroidery floss. 


As you can see, I have a ways to go before this is done!



Finn will be staying with us for another week.  There are lots of walks going on here as well as playtime each day. Yesterday, we sat out on the front porch in the sunshine for 30 minutes just watching the world go by.  One of the neighbours was outside decorating for halloween with his daughter and someone else was cutting the grass.  Birds were singing. Finn was quite enthralled by it all.


I will be linking up with Kathy and her crew of Slow Sunday Stitchers this morning.  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. I have seen wool on several blogs this morning and makes me remember a project I have set aside for awhile - I might have to dig it back out this winter and get back to work on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your local quilt show. Finn looks like a great companion while you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m hoping to attend the show on Friday. My in-laws used to attend there some time ago. It’s been awhile since I was in London. These days I gravitate to K-W. I live in Woodstock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I am busy on both those days so I won't be able to come. Maybe in two years.

    ReplyDelete