Sunday, October 7, 2018

Time to get it Done...

Sometimes, when you are tidying up, you find things, unfinished things...  This wool appliqué project has been in hiding for at least a couple of years, but it has seen the light of day now and will not be going away again! It needs to be finished and out on display THIS Fall. The wool appliqué is done.  I have hand quilted around everything.  I just need to quilt the background and have decided just to do a crosshatch design there.  It should not take too long and I hope to get at it this weekend sometime.  


My daughter and Finn arrived last night for a few days.  I worked on FLW while I was waiting for them... It is hard to show you progress on this project as I am just working on the silver outlining.  I love the way the outlining makes the details pop out of a cross stitch picture.


Finn has gotten a lot bigger over the last few weeks since we last saw him.  He has all of his adult teeth now and is heavier when we pick him up. 


I am hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner today.  I cooked the turkey and stuffing yesterday and made a cauliflower/broccoli casserole.  Today, we will make salad, roasted brussel  sprouts and Panko encrusted delicata squash rings (that's a new recipe---hopefully everyone will like it!).  My SIL is bringing potatoes, apple pie and cider.  Finn will be very excited to see his extended family members!  

I did some decorating this week--added a few pumpkins here and there inside and out.  Last night, as we left the house, I noticed a grasshopper resting on one of the outside pumpkins...


He/she had his eyes on me!

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Stitchers today.  If you want to see my completed Foothills Quilt top, you can see it here. Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian readers!  I am thankful for my family, friends and hobbies which I enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. Your wool applique project is lovely. It will be wonderful when you have finished and display it somewhere in your home. May you have a beautiful Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, celebrating with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that wool applique project. It is so adorable. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy celebrating with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh so much to love in this post. I adore the bird and squirrel wool applique piece and that grasshopper-what a great shot. Your menu sounds wonderful. Enjoy every minute of today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend with family. We did the same thing with our turkey.... cooked it yesterday and will have our extended family dinner today. You should be able to get some work done on those squirrels, even with Finn around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad you found that applique project, it is perfect for this time of year! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving day with your family (and Finns first of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! How fortunate to find an almost complete project, just perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect wool project at this time of the year. FLW is coming along swell. Yes, the silver makes it pop. Enjoy your family and Thanksgiving meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous wool stitchery--lovely to come across unexpectedly :) Happy Thanksgiving! The FLW looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you had a wonderful day with the family and especially Finn! That photo of the grasshopper is a prize winner for sure...wow!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wool appliqué is really cute! I agree with you - the backstitching really makes a cross stitch picture pop. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Ours is in November - we are hosting as well - I love having the family together.

    ReplyDelete