Thursday, February 14, 2019

Just Sew

Christine came over to sew on Monday night and I managed to finish off my "Just Sew" wallhanging flimsy.  The letters are made from a Kaffe print that I have had in my stash for a while. I already have a plan for the quilting and binding...  The finished quilt will hang on the wall behind my sewing machine.  


I also made another comfort quilt block for the Elgin Piecemakers Guild.  I am trying to get all of this year's blocks done now so that I don't have to make them at the last minute for each meeting.  This block was to be made with burgundy, turquoise and light gray.  Again, I used my drunkard's path rulers to make this block.  It is amazing how many different blocks can be made with these units.


My daughter had a snow day and worked from home one day this week.  Finn was quite happy to cuddle up beside her as she worked.






3 comments:

  1. Your Just Sew piece turned out quite nicely. I like the layout for the drunkard path. Looks like a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Just Sew" wall hanging! Perfect for a quilt studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and I adore Finn! I'm writing this as my soft coated wheaten/schnauzer mix is curled up on my lap trying to stay warm. Gotta love these fur babies!

    ReplyDelete