Saturday, February 23, 2019

Sewing in the Car

This was the view from my hoop last weekend.  We went to visit my daughter and Finn for Family Day weekend and I had lots of sewing time in the car on the way there and back. 



As you can see, much was accomplished! I am just about to turn the bottom left corner of this project.


Our family usually does one fun outdoor activity on Family Day weekend, and this year was no exception.


We went skating on a skating trail through the woods about one hour from where my daughter lives.


That is my daughter way off in the distance.


It was a glorious sunny day ...perfect skating weather.


The squirrels and birds were out to entertain as well. 


Finn was his usual cute and cuddly self.  We gave him a bath so his fur was extra fluffy and soft.


There may have been some stash enhancement at one of my favourite quilt stores as well... Mad About Patchwork. The turquoise fabric will be used to bind my Just Sew quilt.

I will be linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching gang.

7 comments:

  1. so nice to enjoy winter seeing as you have winter - I can never get my husband to do anything in the cold weather - he will barely go outside other than to get in the truck or car to go some place inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a skating trail for ice skates! How fun. We have trails that can be used for roller blades, though. And your FLW is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful winter outing you had and the perfect weather for it!
    Love the stash enhancement... that yellow Kaffe paperweight fabric is one of my all time favourites!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envious of the skating outing! I haven't skated in a long time after having a bad fall....but I actually considered getting back at it this year. Maybe next Winter! I love that spectacles fabric, I haven't seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the skating trail looks like so much fun. Love the new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you got your visit in when you did...I fear after the rain today and other weather...the skating trail might be done. Love that little quilt store too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't ever remember being on ice skates nor have I ever heard of an ice trail. Love the idea!!! I'd certainly give it a go. That is, until my bum couldn't take it any more! Lol!

    ReplyDelete