Saturday, September 2, 2023

Sunflowers, A Knitting UFO and Borders

 There is a reason why they call it SLOW stitching...it takes a long time to finish a project.  I am still working on the second quadrant of my Sunflower cross stitch.  I don't have a deadline for this picture so it will get done when it gets done.  


I found a project bag with this knitting in it this week--I started this dish cloth in February and it got put away... it was about half done. I decided it needed to be finished! I'm not sure why I waited so long.  I bought some wool to make myself some mittens, a scarf and a hat so one of those will be my next knitting project. 



There is a little town north of London, Ontario called Exeter.  On their welcome sign, it states that they are the home of white squirrels.  I have been to Exeter many times over the last 38 years and had never seen a white squirrel, until this week! Apparently, the white colour is a genetic mutation of the more common gray squirrel. 


My husband and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary this week.  He brought me flowers... so pretty.  


I added asymmetrical borders to my HRT project earlier this week and managed to keep all of my points!  I have to figure out how to quilt this one so for now, it will be in the "to be quilted" pile. 


My husband and I went to a Heritage Farm Show today.  The chickens and turkeys were my favourite part of the show. I managed to get a few good pictures of these rapidly moving targets!






One of the old tractors had this little tractor in its Pre-Cleaner...LOL!


Finn was given a new bandana this week from our nieces. Both of our nieces worked at a Provincial Park this summer and bought this cute bandana for Finn as well as one for each of their two border collies, Skye and Kindle.  All these boys are looking very dapper!


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

9 comments:

  1. What dapper pups! And don't you hate finding 'zombie' projects that get tucked away and forgotten? Congrats on the finish. Your stitching project is so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many animals to enjoy this week! Your sunflower stitching is looking great! Isn't nice to find a forgotten project that is easy to finish? Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dogs! I love that sunflower stitching and the colors! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. The roses are such a pretty color.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sunflower stitching, Gail! It's fun to see what stitches you've added each week. Happy Anniversary, too! That is a beautiful rose. And cute Finn with his bandana! He is very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting to see a white squirrel. The farm show looks like fun, I'm always drawn to poultry for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy wedding anniversary! Lovely new borders for the HRT project, I love that they are asymetrical. Fun animals too ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary !
    White squirrels? who knew? thanks for the photos.
    What great chicken photos. love your sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting a picture of the elusive white squirrel! Love the chickens & turkeys pictures. Some of those were quite beautiful, especially the black & white rooster with the very red comb. Your sunflower project will get done when you're ready to finish it up. Beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete