Friday, July 3, 2009

Another QNIC!

Tonight was QNIC (Quilting Night in Canada)--this time we met at Jacqui's house. There were 5 quilters there this time for about 4 hours of quilting, chatting and, of course, eating. Jacqui made us a wonderful fruit crisp from the Looneyspoons cookbook.

I spent all evening working on my table topper/wall hanging made of leftovers from a quilt I made earlier this year. (See previous post) My quilting friends helped me to come up with the ideas for the setting and borders of this project. This is the first time I have made something without a pattern. I have not decided how to quilt it yet. It is about 19" square. I just love it!

I cut out the black pieces for the Bonnie Hunter Christmas lights project last night and started sewing a few of the blocks together tonight. I will have to finish them and post a picture later in the weekend.

I would like to do a Celtic knot project that I found on line as well...I will have to dig into my stash to see what colours of fabric I can use...

1 comment:

  1. It seems you had a very successful night. I love your table topper!

    ReplyDelete