Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Sewing

I have been sewing since early this morning, all in an effort to complete the July Challenge for the Quilted Table Yahoo group. This is the first time I have done one of the monthly challenges, even though I have printed the patterns for most of them. It is not quilted yet, but I have a few flimsies in my collection now and will be taking them to the long arm quilter shortly to get them all done at once. At 55"x55", this one is too big for me to do on my home sewing machine! It is a little bigger than the average table topper!At first, I was not sure of the yellow fabric, so I consulted with a quilting friend. She liked the yellow, especially when I showed her the sashing and borders.

There is an outer piano key border...

And red sashing...

As well as a wider border using the focus fabric...



When I put everything together, I took my husband and my new quilt outside to the backyard where I took a picture of my gardening quilt in my garden! I think I am going to call it "In My Garden".

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I think this is absolutely terrific! Love the colour combo and especially the way you did your borders.........please show it again once it has been quilted,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting hooked on piano key borders eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job! Saw your post through the Quilted Table Group.

    ReplyDelete