Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm back...

to blogging, that is...

I have done some boring sewing lately, but no quilting until tonight. The boring sewing included fixing a sports equipment bag for my daughter, fixing a Disney purse for my SIL, shortening 3 pairs of pants for my daughter, fixing a pillow for my father and finally, shortening a pair of capri pants for myself. I am what some people call "vertically challenged" and recently got a good deal (1/2 price!) on a pair of black capri pants that I can wear to work--however, they were not "petites" like I usually buy. They looked more like "flood pants". Now, they are fine and I have even worn them to work already!

Tonight, Nancy and I got together for some sewing time. Another mini QNIC! Nancy worked on sewing her blocks for the Bonnie Hunter "Christmas Lights" mystery in Quiltmaker magazine, with some help from her cat, Gibson.
I also had some help from Gibson as I cut out the pieces for a baby quilt which will be a gift for a new baby girl on my husband's side of the family. She was born last week. I am using Nancy's Lucky Stars pattern from Atkinson Designs. I am making the quilt 3 blocks by 3 blocks. He was quite enthralled by the rotary cutter and small scraps of fabric only kept his attention for a short time.













Gibson also helped Nancy to put her Sunbonnet Sue blocks together by holding the fabric down so it would not slide off of the table. Such a helpful cat!











I have all the pieces cut out and matched up for the blocks for the baby quilt. I bought this fabric in the US while I was on vacation last year.



Check out Nancy's blog for pictures of her projects! We figured out an interesting setting for the mystery quilt blocks--I wonder if we are close to the real layout???

1 comment:

  1. I've not been keeping up with blogs much lately, but what great photos of Gibson helping out!

    ReplyDelete