Monday, August 24, 2009

Works in Progress

Here are the beginnings of a baby quilt that I am making for Kaitlyn, a new baby on my husband's side of the family. I did a bit of sewing on the weekend. The pattern is called Lucky Stars and is shown above. I am only doing 9 blocks. One of the stars is shown below. I like these bright fabrics--lots for a baby to look at!
Each star has a different white on white background fabric and two different fabrics to make up the star.

In the top picture, you can catch a glimpse of some of the blocks for my Bonnie Hunter Christmas Lights mystery quilt, all laid out, ready to sew together.

I spent most of my day yesterday working on a special gift for my daughter who is going away to university this fall (not her quilt, which I also have to finish!) Sometimes, although she would not admit it to her friends, she looks at my blog so I cannot reveal what the surprise is yet...

1 comment:

  1. This will be so adorable. I hope you share it when it's done. Cindy

    ReplyDelete