Monday, August 3, 2009

Piecing a New Quilt and Stash Building...


These are the blocks I have been working on for the last week. The large block is cut up into 4 pieces as shown on the left. These smaller blocks get cut up again and then sewn back together. I am still working on sewing all of the strips onto the blocks but wanted to share a picture of some of the ones I have done so far.





I also did some shopping this weekend and added a few fabrics to my stash... I only bought one pattern. The white "fabric" at the top of the picture is actually fusible fleece to make some bags using a pattern borrowed from a friend. The big stack of FQ's are flannel. I will make something cozy with this fabric, although I am not sure what it will be yet.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see a pic when you get that quilt made. It looks like a lot of work but a neat look when done! Love the color combo. What size are those strips?

    ReplyDelete