Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Elgin Piecemakers Dinner

Tonight, the Elgin Piecemakers Guild enjoyed a wonderful gourmet dinner prepared for us the husband of one of our members. He has done this for us for the last few years and we all look forward to this meal!

It was a beautiful day today so we ate outside and did our show and tell outside until the mosquitoes came out and wanted to have us for their dinner!

Debbie made a delicious raspberry cake and I am hoping to get this recipe from her. She also made strawberry shortcake and brownies for the chocolate lovers...

There were not many leftovers at the end of the meal!

We were all asked to bring an ugly fat quarter to the meeting. Each of us picked one of the uglies out of a bag to take home. We are each supposed to make something out of it before our next meeting.

Here is my ugly:

I took a picture of all of us before show and tell.

I have a timer on my camera and ran to get into the picture after pushing the button.

Three chemo quilt tops appeared at show and tell.

Pat finished the brown, cream and rust one off completely! 

The blue and lime green one looks great too!

We ended our evening by sharing quilt blogs that we like to visit and a new pattern or book. I have such fun with this group!

I received some fabric in the mail this week from Mad about Patchwork (see the shops listed in my sidebar for the link)...isn't this rainboot fabric fun--take a look at those selvages--I can't wait to use them in an upcoming selvage project!

I have a couple of quilt tops nearing completion so there should be pictures soon.

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. The chemo quilt tops look great! Can't wait to see what you do with your "ugly".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of quilty goodness in that post! I like your ugly fabric...I don't think it is ugly at all. :o)

    ReplyDelete