Sunday, July 22, 2018

Slow Stitching on a Rainy Day

I've done some more stitching in the car and gazebo this week. I am just about done the top half of this picture and will soon have to move on to the second and final page of the pattern. I am soon going to be out of DMC #318 again.  If anyone has an old skein of this colour, please let me know.  The new skeins at the store are a much lighter gray and do not match my older thread that I have been using.  


My husband and I went on a garden tour in Goderich yesterday and then to see a play, To Kill a Mockingbird,  in Stratford last night.  I had read the book in high school for English class, but my husband had not.  He read the book over the last couple of weeks before we saw the play. It was a powerful and interesting play which left the audience with lots of food for thought. We usually go to see at least one play each summer in Stratford.

The rain held off for the garden show so we were able to leave our umbrellas in the car as we walked around the gardens.  The bees were busy in all of the gardens...



This picture was taken in my yard--this is a hummingbird moth. It was undisturbed by my picture taking as it flitted about, gathering nectar.


I have had very little time in my sewing room this week...we have been working on our yard and gardens.  We have not had any rain for weeks, until this weekend.  The grass is already looking greener and the flowers and bushes are looking much perkier with the rain.  I won't have to spend any time today watering everything!  Here's another garden visitor:


I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers today.  (If any of the slow stitchers would like to see my modern guild swap, you can see it here.) Have a good week.

8 comments:

  1. you are lucky to do that kind of stitching in the car - I can barely focus on a map! the roads are just so bumpy and not smooth at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have boxes of older DMC, I'll take a look to see if I have that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have it, and I also have two shades. Email me so I can figure out which you need and I'll send you what I have.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful garden photographs! I know how hard it is to get a bee in focus! Hope you have more stitching time now that we have had a good rain and you won't have to spend so much time watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FLW is looking good, good luck with the thread search. Lucky you getting rain, we won't get any all summer and the high temps have been hovering around 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank is looking great. I hope you can find more floss. Those flower photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BBC were showing a documentary about FLW last Sunday I watched it because of your embroidery! He was certainly innovative in his house design, but he also furnished the houses too, which I loved and in one case he designed clothes for the lady of the house! I wish we had some rain, non for weeks! Huge moth by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitchery and beautiful garden flowers.

    ReplyDelete