Saturday, April 8, 2023

Pineapple Log Cabin and a New Cross Stitch Project

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for April is purple so I dug into my purple scrap bin and made my pineapple log cabin block. I don't repeat any of the scraps in each block.  Someone had asked if I was paper piecing these blocks...I purchased 2 panels of muslin with the pineapple blocks printed onto it years ago and I am using them for these blocks. I have enough for 24 blocks but will only do 12 for this project and save the rest for another quilt.  No paper to pull off after sewing. I laid out the blocks from January to April on our table and stood on a chair to get an overhead picture of the four blocks. I'm loving it!




I started the centre of my next counted cross stitch picture.  It doesn't look like much yet but this is the centre of a large sunflower in the middle of the picture.  The pattern is from Satsuma Street and is a fundraiser for Ukraine.  This is a round design, roughly a 12" circle.  It will take a while to finish, but I will enjoy every stitch! 


I did a bit of knitting in the car yesterday.  I had almost forgotten that I had started this dish cloth.  I will try to work on it again this week to see if I can finish it off. 


We went for a drive yesterday and I took Finn for a short walk near this bridge.  He loves the sunshine. 

He's looking dapper in his bandana and wishes everyone who celebrates a Happy Easter.  It was Finn's 5th birthday this past week.  



It is supposed to get quite warm here this coming week and my daffodils are ready to put on a show!  


 I will link up with Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching.  

16 comments:

  1. Your pineapple blocks are amazing, great variety of scraps on each one of them. Nice start with the sunflower cross stitch project, Gail. Happy birthday to Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter - and you have a daffodil bloom - spring has arrived - maybe? -- I have made pineapple blocks with or without foundation and log cabin also. I have never seen the blocks printed on muslin but have heard of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn looks so handsome! Love those pineapple log cabin blocks!! You're making me want to run right down to my sewing room and make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple blocks are so pretty, Gail! I love the printed design on the muslin - what a great idea! The new cross-stitch design looks beautiful, and love the blue fabric, too. Happy Birthday to Finn - looks like a lovely day for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, your pineapple blocks are gorgeous. May I ask how “heavy” they are with the fabric foundation? Many years ago I used foundation fabric to make 50 New York Beauty blocks which have sat in a plastic bin ever since, because I worried that the quilt would be too heavy and difficult to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous scraps in your PURPLE Pineapple Log Cabin block, Gail!! Looks like Finn had a fun day out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is one thing to see your purple block standing solo. Another to see it sharing space with the earlier blocks. They look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Pineapple Log Cabin blocks are so vibrant and pretty, Gail and your dish cloth is looking fabulous- a great car project. So glad you was able to enjoy a day out with Finn. Have a happy and blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 4 pineapple blocks look good together. I like the color of the constant fabric. It looks gray. Is it? It will make a lovely quilt. Glad Finn got to go for a walk. And Happy Birthday to him. He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pineapple blocks are gorgeous, Gail. The combination of each fabric is stunning. Look at sweet Finn looking cute in his bandana. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those blocks and your color choices! Where did you get the muslin…I’ve never seen that. Finn looks happy in his spring wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pineapple blocks. I am amazed that you have so many scraps that you don't have to repeat a fabric. Wow! Finn looks like he is enjoying the Spring weather. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pineapple blocks are looking fantastic! I like the idea of using a muslin foundation that doesn't have to be removed. I think I have a panel like that somewhere, but not pineapple blocks. I wonder where it could be?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter! I had a panel like that for crazy quilt blocks. Great projects you are working on and Finn is his usual adorable self. All of a sudden we are going from 51 degree high days to 75 today and 78 tomorrow. I had to get out my sleeveless shirt yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finn is posing so nicely for his photo, and I love the pineapple blocks - good idea with the muslin too. As far as your last post with the lovely set of pyjamas - I'm sending my measurements by express post - any colour will do! Years ago I made a yard square wall quilt of pineapple blocks, foundation papers, I realized it would be heavy once I'd got started so it stopped as a small quilt. Love them but heavy. Thanks for sharing, Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pineapple blocks truly are beautiful. Only two more months for this project. Gosh! Finn looks so handsome in his bandana. So nice that you get to take him for car rides and brand-new walks! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete