Saturday, April 29, 2023

Slow Stitching Report

I spent a few hours this week hand stitching sleeves on my quilts for the upcoming Oxford Guild quilt show..5/9 are done.  The three larger quilts still need their sleeves sewn on. I can get them done this week.  




I only managed to work on my sunflower cross stitch once this week so there is only a small change from last week.  I'm hoping to finish off this flower this week. We will see how much time there is after sewing the sleeves on the other three quilts. 


Finn had a haircut this week. He was looking a bit shaggy...


Now, we can see his eyes!


The groomer gave him a new bandana with monster trucks on it.  


Finn was quite concerned earlier today when I put two of his toys in the washing machine.  He came to the laundry room to get them back when the load was done.  


I am working on weeding our interlocking brick patio.  I have a tool to clean out the cracks and a bucket to put the moss and weeds into.  When the bucket is full, I stop for the day.  I have done three buckets full so far.  The cleaned up areas look much better. We will get the special sand for the cracks when I am done.  I want to get this job done before we put our patio furniture out.  The gardens need a top up with mulch this year too.  We spend a lot of time outside in the summer so all of this work is worth the effort. 

The azaleas are in full bloom. 


This is a Pasque flower seed head forming. It looks windswept in this picture. 


The bleeding hearts and yellow tulips are blooming in the side garden.  Have I ever mentioned that I love this time of year???



I will link up with Kathy in the morning. 

9 comments:

  1. Finn looks so nice and tidy with the hair cut! love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the colour shading on your sunflower. Finn looks very handsome! It's so nice to see the spring flowers. The bluebells and flowering cherry blossom looks glorious around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn is so cute watching his toys, he looks good with his haircut. Lovely blooms in the garden. Good luck stitching those sleeves on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get some bleeding heart plants again. I have always loved them. Our azaleas are just starting to bloom. Did you intentionally put a break in the sleeve of the blue backed quilt? If so, why? Your sunflower is so pretty. I love the Finn photos. It is great to see his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The break in the sleeve is so that the rod it hangs on can have extra support in the middle so it doesn’t bow with the weight of the quilt.

      Delete
  5. Glad you're getting those sleeves done! It's probably not the most fun slow stitching. Your azaleas are beautiful! And little Finn looks so cute with his new haircut - it's always better when you can see their face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the color of that azalea. I had a pretty hot pink one, but it up and died one spring. It was full of buds which looked ready to open, but never did. Plus the deer won't leave them alone. The colors of spring blooms are just what we need after the gray and gloom of winter.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finn looks so adorable with his new haircut! I had to use the weedwacker on my brick patio. I do like the moss but then the weeds grow on top. I still need to do my side walkway this week. I love bleeding hearts, but it is too hot in my area in the summer. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitching sleeves on back of quilts is tedious in my opinion. However, you have motivation to get them ready for a quilt show. Love Finn's 'do' with his fluffy ears. My azalea have only begun to open today. Bleeding hearts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete