Friday, April 14, 2023

Purple Scrap Blocks and a Sunflower in the Making

I got to work on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks this week using my purple and red-violet (magenta) scraps.  These squares are 6.5" square.  I still have lots of purple scraps but my red-violet collection is almost non-existent now.  



I made another pineapple log cabin to add to my collection. 


We had summer-like weather this week and the garden has burst into bloom.  These red-violet hellebores came from my MIL's garden. 


The daffodils in my garden also put on a great show this week. 




The grape hyacinths are so pretty!


Ladybugs  and bees are making an appearance as well. 



There are so many flowers on this primrose that I can't see the leaves. 



My new counted cross stitch picture did not look like much last week but this week, you can start to see that it will be a sunflower.  This will be my Slow Sunday Stitching project this weekend. 


We took Finn for a long walk in Port Stanley this week.  He was very tired that evening!  He likes to be outside in the sunshine.


18 comments:

  1. I recognize a few of those purples — still residing in my scrap stash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty crumb blocks, Gail. WOW Wonderful flowers on your garden. It is it's totally understandable that Finn loves to walk around in the sunshine. Your Sunflower is taking form and looks great. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers - finally you have spring - that pineapple quilt - great color selection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty purple blocks! And all those flowers blooming - that's a wonderful sight. I think I'd enjoy a walk at Port Stanley, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on your PURPLE scrap blocks, Gail! Thanks for sharing those garden photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for sure you must live somewhere in the lower New England states or perhaps further south with all those Spring blooms. So surprised to see you hail from Ontario. I'll be in Toronto for a conference in just over a week. Looking forward to it.

    I love how you divided your purple scraps into shades of violet and shades of magenta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did that comment go? I'll try again. Pretty purple pieces in your blocks. Spring has certainly sprung in your area. And hello to Finn, he always looks such a happy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty purple blocks and I love that red-violet hellebore, I've never seen that one before. Beautiful color on it. It is always fun to see the flowers start blooming in spring after the winter. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the lovely flower photos! They really lifted my spirits!
    The magenta pineapple block is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your scrap blocks. They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely RSC blocks. I loved looking at all the beautiful flowers. My hellebores fried in our heat last summer, but seem to be coming back. No flowers yet though. I'm like Finn, I like to be out in the sunshine! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous photos Gail! Prize winners for sure! Love your scrappy purple blocks! Isn't the weather spectacular?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some gorgeous scraps left over from quilts. Great to use them up. Your garden must look a real picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of color to enjoy in your post! Scrappy is best.
    Sweet stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great flower photos. I especially like that purple helleborus. I mostly have the old-fashioned mauve one with bone white one thrown in the mix. The crumb blocks are great, too. I ususally mix the blue-violet and red-violet ones, but I like them separate, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are making great progress on your RSC blocks. You have such a lovely selection of purple and magenta fabrics to work with. Such beautiful photos of the flowers and bee and ladybug.Finn looks like he is enjoying the nice weather. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful collection of purples, we're having beautiful Spring weather "in the day" lol high 80's all week but winter refuses to leave with temps in the 40's at night 😄

    ReplyDelete