Saturday, April 1, 2023

Spring Rabbit Done!

 I finished off the last of the stitches on the Spring Rabbit counted cross stitch this week. Then, I added the butterfly antennae, the bunny's whiskers, the lines in the ears and the stitches to make the tail "fluffy".  I love the bright colours!  I will wash it this week and give it a good press before taking it to the framer.  I hope it won't take too long to frame so I can hang it up soon. 





In the meantime, I have organized the thread and cut the Aida cloth for my next counted cross stitch project.  I'm hoping to work on this a bit tonight and tomorrow for slow Sunday stitching. 


I played a bit more with my HRT units on the design wall. I may rearrange them a bit more before sewing everything together. They are all sewn into pairs, but not pressed yet. 


Angela has announced that the colour for the Rainbow Scrap challenge in April will be purple.  I always make a purple block and a red-violet block when the colour of the month is purple.   These strips are for my pineapple log cabin blocks which I hope to work on this coming week. 


When my daughter was little, I used to make her dresses and pyjamas.  I loved the pattern I had to make the pj's so much that I bought it in two sizes!  It has been used many times over the years to make comfy pj's for my daughter and my nieces. This week, I made a pair of summer pj's for a little friend of mine. A 5/8" seam is huge compared to the 1/4" I use for quilting!  I actually made these with French seams.  I had a family studies teacher in high school who taught me how to do French seams and I use them in clothing construction where possible. 


We took Finn to the park one evening this week.  For some reason, he is a much better walker when we go to the park rather than walking around the neighbourhood. It's a good thing there are lots of interesting parks to walk in where we live. 


We had 3rd or maybe it was 4th winter this week.  The daffodils where not happy...   They are in bud and if we get a few warm days this coming week, they may open. 


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

8 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is super sweet and hopefully it's back quick so you can display it during your warming up weather.

    Cute pj's but not as cute as your Finn. Such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a cute Easter stitchery! my daughters dog doesn't want to walk nicely at the trails she pulls something awful - I can't even try to hold the leash I'm afraid she would break my arm off lol. hope the daffodils make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spring Rabbit is gorgeous. By the time it comes back from the framer spring may have arrived to stay. Such cute monkeys on those sweet pyjamas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Spring Rabbit. He's so fresh looking. How will you wash it though? Those are great PJs. Looks almost do-able for me but probably not as I don't do much in the way of garment sewing. Lucky Finn! So many good walks. Gracie likes same old, same old. It makes her nervous to go somewhere new. Have a good Slow Stitching Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bunny looks fantastic. Congrats on the finish! The fabric and floss colors for your next project are wonderful. I can't wait to see what it is. Your HRTs are so pretty. I like the arrangement. Those PJs are wonderful. I love the sock monkey fabric. Finn looks happy on his walk. I hope you get some Spring weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your Easter bunny, the colours are so nice! I like those PJs. Can you let Finn off the lead when you are in the park? Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny stitchery turned out wonderfully, Gail! How do you wash a cross-stitch piece? That's something I haven't done. Cute pj's for your little friend! I'm glad to hear Finn enjoys walking at the park - that makes it more interesting for his humans, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Spring rabbit looks very happy with all those tasty veggies close by. I used to make my children winter pyjamas too when they were little, as well as small shorts, shirts and little dresses.

    ReplyDelete