And just like that, Love Birds is done! I took a picture of me making the last stitch in the Bride bird's hat.
The fabric is white but the lighting in my sewing room tonight was not the best for taking a picture of the entire wreath with the Love Birds in the middle. This project was stitched on 14 count white Aida cloth and took 6 months to complete. I will be washing it and then taking it to the framers sometime in the next couple of weeks. I am going to take pictures of the framing options and text them to the newlyweds to see which one they like the best. Next up, I have a couple of embroidery kits to stitch and a knitting project to do as well...I'm going to take a break from cross stitching for a while.
I did some paper piecing for the 12th Modern BOM that I have been working on since September. Here is one quadrant of the block. I made the outside edge of each quadrant a bit bigger so that I could trim it down to the right size after sewing them together.
Here is my finished block. There is one more optional block to make and I think I am going to make my own version of it. I may use it as a label or on the front of the quilt...I'm not sure yet. I used the glasses fabric in every block and then pulled out my orange and navy striped and polka dot fabrics to add to the quilt blocks. The background is Michael Miller Hashdots in gray.
The pineapple blocks are sewn together--this involved some rather intense pinning to make sure all of the seams intersected at the right spots. I was successful in most cases! I will be quilting this one myself when my sewing machine is back from repair.
My husband and I spent a couple of days this past week mulching the gardens with a truckload of mulch that was in a big pile in our driveway. There is still a bit more to do but it has been raining the last couple of days so finishing it will have to wait until we have a dry day. We have lots more blooms in the garden this week including hydrangea: