Sunday, September 27, 2009

An afternoon of sewing.


This afternoon, Nancy (see the link to Life is a Stitch) and I got together for four hours of serious sewing. She has been doing intense homework since school started and she needed a break. You can go to her blog for more information about her project--YES! It is made out of shirts.



I worked on two table runners--the first is for a friend who knitted a curling sweater for my daughter. I told her I would make her a table runner in exchange for knitting the sweater. She used an old Mary Maxim pattern for the sweater which another friend found in her basement amongst her grandmother's things.

I quilted the three blocks today by machine and I still have to decide what to go in the setting triangles.
The second table runner started out with the same three blocks but I used sashing and borders instead of setting them on point. This table runner will be for me. I still need to figure out how I am going to quilt it.

I also finished sewing all of the blocks together for a quilt I started a while ago. Now I just have to do some trimming and then sew them all together. This may take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment